(Boston, Maryland, USA)
- 18-ounce can of Lye
- 15 cups Orange Oil
- 5 cups Lemon Oil
- 5 cups of Distilled Water
- 2 two-gallon size Stainless Steel Containers
- 1 rubber spatula
- 1 plastic container
1. Pour the distilled water into one of the stainless steel pot.
2. Add the Lye and stir with rubber spatula.
3. Set the lye-water mixture aside and allow to cool.
4. Add the lemon and orange oil to the other stainless steel pot and heat to 100 degrees F.
5. Remove the pot from heat and slowly pour the lye-water into the warmed oil.
6. Stir the mixture with the spatula for several minutes or until the liquid is smooth in appearance and a thick consistency, use a hand mixer if necessary.
7. Pour the soap mixture into the plastic container or a soap mold container and allow to cool.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Handmade Soap Recipes.